Saturday, November 17, 2012

Anime Festival Asia (AFA) 2012 :D


my first AFA, yes. since it's only been my first year really getting into anime and japanese and stuff.
jookee's influence, mostly. that cow.

anyway, I saw jookee and dion through the niconico live stream, because jookee was working as an emcee! he got paid $100, which I totally want. Wasn't planning to go for the first day, but that totally hooked me so I rushed to expo and dion bought me a ticket and I went in!

just spent the time walking around randomly at first haha. there were really a lot of people.






tosserrrrrrr.


yeah his job is to try and convince people to be interviewed. he nearly got us up there but dion and I ran away =P

oh right, we also met chee, arif, joshua, clarence, sean seet there! of course, mingwei vivian and claire were there. and weiren, even though we never saw him..


kuroyukihime cosplay!


and yes, png, before you comment, I know it's not as good as the real her.
and yes, you can cable with her whenever you want. although she may surprise you by yanking the cable off and walking away in a jealous rage.

see, i'm a mindreader.

sadly this wasn't for sale though.
apologies, I did not bother editing any of the photos.



not for sale, sadly. I think it'll cost a small fortune though :/




I met a weeping angel, yes.
there was a doctor who booth! so cool right.


tardis! but mine's way better. it's authentic. and plastic, not paper =P


the angels have the phone booth..wait, no booth.
(yes that's a blink reference)




Kirito!
yes the SAO fans were crazy. (or SAO fags, like jiamin likes to call them..)
the queue was really really really whopping long. I didn't manage to buy Justin his calendar..






and then Dion and I (stupidly) went to maid cafe to burn money. snapped this though. May'n autograph session.



......no comment.
Dion did say I'd look better with him because of the height lol.



read through all the rules carefully. haha it's so "do not hit on the girls" orientated.



now that was a horrible waste of money. 
I have many debts to collect on now, so I'm not exactly broke. but until I cash in on those debts..


so that was the end of Day 1, Saturday. they crashed my house and we all cramped inside my tiny room that night. Dion arrived at around 9, he watched his Jinrui while I finished up Chaos;Head (and complained about it, naturally.) yeah, it's total shit. don't watch it, unless you're the kind of person who thinks that an asparagus cheesecake is nice.

we got bored after a while though. then jiamin arrived, and I fed him with pork/eggs but he was demanding chicken breast so in order to shut him up Dion and I tweeted about it and i fried dion an egg with pepper. after that we had to go pick jookee because his concert ended late and he was swearing profusely about the Singapore transport system which shuts down after midnight. admittedly, it's kinda dumb, considering there are many flights coming in after midnight..

so I cooked him an omelette with honey-baked ham. with bread. because he hadn't actually had dinner.
and then I got hungry and cooked myself an egg as well.

so we basically just burnt my house's egg supply.
oh, and our breakfast was beehoon with.....fried egg.

yeah.
protein spam.

then it was time for day 2! this time I had the main stage event ticket as well ^^






this is inside hall 8, the main stage.



aimi! apparently she sung the ben-to OP but we missed it ><
after that they had diamond stage which meant all the Sphere fans went crazy. I mean, really really crazy. so, jiamin and I decided to start hitting on ferlyn yoshimi, the mc.

her hair was quite nice, okay.



from left to right : Sea☆A, May'n, Minami Kuribayashi and Sphere.
actually, it's Ferlyn, Sea☆A, May'n, Minami Kuribayashi, Sphere and Danny Choo. lol.



yeah jiamin was saying May'n was looking pissed. hahaha



uh, more kuroyukihime cosplay.
para su placer visual, png.


Dion with his May'n poster which he gave to jiamin and not me.
I got over it in a day though.




I shall end this with Sakai Wakana from Tari Tari. Yup, AFA was lovely. I'll try to go for a concert next year, I think. and I'm going at 9 on the first day to buy the Accel World stuff before it runs out.



1 comment: